Posted 8/02/2013

The Dilemma

The Monogatari series is my favorite currently airing. NisioisiN's sense of humor is exactly what I have wanted from a show for a long time. His blend of dark, slap stick, dry and the always awesome gyagu humor has trapped me in his spiral of countless light novels and animated series and always leaves me hungering for more. And as of almost two years ago the prologue of the whole story is to be shown in a full feature animated movie that was originally intended to be aired in 2012. Unfortunately it has been delayed a few times, and after a glimmer of some hope that it was to be released in the Fall quarter of 2013, it is again up in the air for a release date.

The Reports

In June, 2013, Seven from SeventhStyles.com reported that amazon.co.jp had a given release date for Q3 of 2013. The intriguing information is that only the producing company can give a release date on Amazon.

But as of 2 days ago, Garry at Bubblews.com reported that the release date had been taken down. I checked Amazon.co.jp to verify and it is true. Now I'm not too familiar with Bubblews and their resources, but this report is indeed true that the date had been taken down. So the rest is up for speculation.

Thoughts

NisioisiN’s movie will come out eventually, but it’s mindboggling as to why it’s taking so long. Unless, of course, it has to do with the report back in 2012 reported by the Anime News Network. NisioisiN officially received the green light to produce every single novel in the Monogatari series, 13 total, into an animated series. So it’s awesome that we can expect several more years of top quality animation and excellent writing, but with how the prologue has released, or hasn't, it might be a very long time until we see the epilogue.

I will update this as soon as I hear more about the series/movie. Thanks!

References

Animes News Network reports Monogatari novels are green lit.

Seven reports an optimistic release date

Garry breaks my heart

Posted 8/12/2013
Well we can think of it like this. Since it is taking so long to come out maybe they are trying to make it meet the fan's exceptions. The best we can do is to wait for it to come. I expect great things from it like it has done before.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/12/2013
Yeah, that's pretty much all we can do.

It's not like other anime adaptations or series and could be cancelled. NisioisiN has already been paid to deliver. So I'm really banking sometime at the end of this year or Q1 2014.

Posted 8/12/2013

It's not like other anime adaptations or series and could be cancelled. NisioisiN has already been paid to deliver. So I'm really banking sometime at the end of this year or Q1 2014.
 2014 but that's to long.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/13/2013

2014 but that's to long.

By... "TheAwsome"

I know :|

I've read the light novel about... 3 or 4 times, so I'm especially hurting for this one.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;